Cannot pdf and JPEG email attachments with Lumia 950 using windows 10 mobile?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

when pdf and jpeg image files are received as email attachments on my Lumia 950, the icons are grey and the files cannot be opened. When clicking on the icon I am diverted to the app store but no apps are listed. When I try to save the files it also does not work. Any suggestions on how to deal with this problem please?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
when pdf and jpeg image files are received as email attachments on my Lumia 950, the icons are grey and the files cannot be opened. When clicking on the icon I am diverted to the app store but no apps are listed. When I try to save the files it also does not work. Any suggestions on how to deal with this problem please?

make sure that you have the latest app updates for mail, photos and camera app

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Hendrik Prins

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
The OS build is 10.0.14393.67. I was wondering if it had anything to do with "block & filter" application? The other interesting thing is that when I forward the email with the attachments that will not open in my Lumia 950 back to myself, they can be opened fine on the same phone! Very strange to say the least. Thanks for your interest in this matter.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The OS build is 10.0.14393.67. I was wondering if it had anything to do with "block & filter" application? The other interesting thing is that when I forward the email with the attachments that will not open in my Lumia 950 back to myself, they can be opened fine on the same phone! Very strange to say the least. Thanks for your interest in this matter.

block and filter is for the sms and phone calls functionality, i doubt it would affect the mail app.

I can suggest you try downloading adobe reader for windows mobile, see if that triggers something.
Another question, did this start recently? Or has this always been the case?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the adobe reader for windows mobile installed and it works fine. The phone new and the problem has been there from the beginning.

then I might suggest you do a factory reset without restore. The problem seems like a faulty installation somewhere. To be 100% sure, use windows device recovery tool to get the clean installation. Kindly note that a factory reset will wipe out all data unless you do a backup first

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes