BitLocker is a full disk encryption not found in windows 10 new laptop

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i brought a new laptop few days ago from hp world with windows 10 but in this windows there is no option found for "BitLocker is a full disk encryption" in control panel and not even when i am trying click on any drive , give some response of it what i do

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i can only assume the version of windows 10 that came with your new laptop ISN'T the "professional" version, i *think* you can pay to upgrade to Pro if you really need it

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
i brought a new laptop few days ago from hp world with windows 10 but in this windows there is no option found for "BitLocker is a full disk encryption" in control panel and not even when i am trying click on any drive , give some response of it what i do

bitlocker is only available in windows 10 pro or higher. You can try to upgrade by paying or ask the store to do it for you in case they mistakenly advertised the laptop as being with 10 pro

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

SaintHeisenberg

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
The reason why you are not seeing the option found for "BitLocker is a full disk encryption" in Control Panel (even when you tried to search any drive) is that the Windows 10 edition that you might have bought was probably the Windows 10 Home edition and not the Windows 10 Professional edition or higher.

You have a two options that you can take from here.

1. Pay $99 extra for Windows 10 Professional edition
  2. Use Veracrypt (free option and it is just as good as Bitlocker)

Here's how you can install VeraCrypt onto your Windows 10 computer

How to Install VeraCrypt

Step 1: Download and install VeraCrypt.

Step 2: Just double-click on the .exe file and follow the instructions in the wizard. Then select the Install option.

I have written a quick step-by-step and easy to use guide for you (with screenshots and videos) to getting started with VeraCrypt and other alternative methods. :)

How to Enable Windows 10 Encryption (Fast & Simple)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3