Why do I get the same notification on both my phone and PC /w anniversary update installed on both?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi there!

I finally got the Anniversary Update to my Lumia 640 today, and I was excited to fine tune the notification settings. From what I heard/read, I was expecting to only get one notification per event, as there is an option to "Upload notification from this PC to the cloud", (in my PC's Cortana settings, under "Edit Sync Settings"), with the description, of "This helps prevent getting the same notification twice".
I was expecting something like getting a facebook or e-mail notification on my PC when it's turned on, and not getting it on my phone, since that counts as duplicate. I just simply want to get stuff on my PC when I'm using it, and not on my phone.
However, I always get the same notification twice (for example, for the facebook app, installed both on my PC and my phone).
I tried google-ing the thing, but didn't got anywhere. :(

Is there something I misunderstood, or I configured wrong, or simply this isn't how this feature works? Should I try playing around with this feature, or just simply disable a bunch of notification on my PC and others on my phone?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi there!

I finally got the Anniversary Update to my Lumia 640 today, and I was excited to fine tune the notification settings. From what I heard/read, I was expecting to only get one notification per event, as there is an option to "Upload notification from this PC to the cloud", (in my PC's Cortana settings, under "Edit Sync Settings"), with the description, of "This helps prevent getting the same notification twice".
I was expecting something like getting a facebook or e-mail notification on my PC when it's turned on, and not getting it on my phone, since that counts as duplicate. I just simply want to get stuff on my PC when I'm using it, and not on my phone.
However, I always get the same notification twice (for example, for the facebook app, installed both on my PC and my phone).
I tried google-ing the thing, but didn't got anywhere. :(

Is there something I misunderstood, or I configured wrong, or simply this isn't how this feature works? Should I try playing around with this feature, or just simply disable a bunch of notification on my PC and others on my phone?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism