Why isn't Microsoft developing apps for Windows Mobile smart phones?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

The Windows phone is a more than capable smartphone with a quick, smooth, intuitive interface. My Nokia Icon only lacks some current apps, only available on IOS and Android. On my Android phone I only have about 25 apps that I consider of functional value, but on the Icon, it's a mixed bag of full versions, pared down versions, 3rd party paid versions, or no app at all. I prefer the windows phone over the Samsung or Moto mobile phones I have access to but the app gap is becoming too difficult to deal with. Microsoft might think about creating their own apps to fill the gap and end the argument. Start with the apps linking with interfaces in new cars, fitness bands, music systems, and other smart devices/appliances like thermostats, people are most like to use on a daily basis.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The Windows phone is a more than capable smartphone with a quick, smooth, intuitive interface. My Nokia Icon only lacks some current apps, only available on IOS and Android. On my Android phone I only have about 25 apps that I consider of functional value, but on the Icon, it's a mixed bag of full versions, pared down versions, 3rd party paid versions, or no app at all. I prefer the windows phone over the Samsung or Moto mobile phones I have access to but the app gap is becoming too difficult to deal with. Microsoft might think about creating their own apps to fill the gap and end the argument. Start with the apps linking with interfaces in new cars, fitness bands, music systems, and other smart devices/appliances like thermostats, people are most like to use on a daily basis.

MS tried and it didn't work out well for them -some companies blocked them while others started developing their own thus confusing people
Contact the developers whose apps are missing and ask them to develop for windows 10, not just for mobile but for all devices running windows 10

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos