How can I save downloads to a thumb drive?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I ordered an embroidery design on-line. It was delivered. I can't use it from my computer. I must be able to transfer it from my computer to my embroidery machine with a thumb drive. When I hit the download button from the merchant, it goes immediately to the downward pointing arrow that's in the upper right hand corner of my computer screen...the "downloads" button. I don't get the option to save the file to my computer or to a thumb drive. The file is a PES file. I need special software on my computer to work with it. I can't open the file on my computer...and I don't want or need to be able to do that. I only need to be able to move it from the "downloads" folder to a thumb drive.

I have no idea what Surface Pro 3 is and I don't need to boot from the USB drive...just save a downloaded document to the USB thumb drive.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I ordered an embroidery design on-line. It was delivered. I can't use it from my computer. I must be able to transfer it from my computer to my embroidery machine with a thumb drive. When I hit the download button from the merchant, it goes immediately to the downward pointing arrow that's in the upper right hand corner of my computer screen...the "downloads" button. I don't get the option to save the file to my computer or to a thumb drive. The file is a PES file. I need special software on my computer to work with it. I can't open the file on my computer...and I don't want or need to be able to do that. I only need to be able to move it from the "downloads" folder to a thumb drive.

I have no idea what Surface Pro 3 is and I don't need to boot from the USB drive...just save a downloaded document to the USB thumb drive.

press windows key and e key together. This will open "my computer" of file explorer. Go to the downloads folder, search for the file that you downloaded, right click and select copy
then go to your thumb drive - right click there and paste

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon