I'm ok with the m3 in terms of performance. And a plus to it is the price and the fact it doesn't draw so much power as the i5, which also has a fan and all. But of course, the i5 is more powerful and will last me longer. And I found a deal for an i5, so I'm wondering, even though I lean towards the m3 one.
    08-27-2016 10:10 AM
    If you plan on using it for more than 2 or 3 years, get the biggest baddest one you can afford.

I eventually regretted buying the 4GB i5 SP3 because I was limited by It's power. So I bought the 8GB i7 SP3, only to regret not buying a 16GB SP4.
    fdruid likes this.
    08-27-2016 10:22 AM
    I'm ok with the m3 in terms of performance. And a plus to it is the price and the fact it doesn't draw so much power as the i5, which also has a fan and all. But of course, the i5 is more powerful and will last me longer. And I found a deal for an i5, so I'm wondering, even though I lean towards the m3 one.
    it would really depend on your use case and how fast it takes you to be frustrated by slowing processors
    if you plan on doing a lot of work, editing, typing, creative work - then go for the i5 backed by 8GB RAM
    fdruid likes this.
    08-28-2016 01:52 PM
    I would mostly use it to browse the web and watch online videos like Netflix, probably very light gaming. I am currently using a Surface 2 for that and it's ok, but I want to have Windows 10 apps.

My main point is how often would I need to recharge it, and weight and potential overheating are a factor too.
    08-28-2016 04:23 PM
    I would mostly use it to browse the web and watch online videos like Netflix, probably very light gaming. I am currently using a Surface 2 for that and it's ok, but I want to have Windows 10 apps.

My main point is how often would I need to recharge it, and weight and potential overheating are a factor too.
    for heavy stuff which you're not doing, the i5 would be adequate. But for light stuff, the i5 is more than enough so I could conclude the battery will last longer
    fdruid likes this.
    08-30-2016 05:48 AM