Should I get a Surface Pro 4 with m3 or i5?

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm ok with the m3 in terms of performance. And a plus to it is the price and the fact it doesn't draw so much power as the i5, which also has a fan and all. But of course, the i5 is more powerful and will last me longer. And I found a deal for an i5, so I'm wondering, even though I lean towards the m3 one.

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
If you plan on using it for more than 2 or 3 years, get the biggest baddest one you can afford.

I eventually regretted buying the 4GB i5 SP3 because I was limited by It's power. So I bought the 8GB i7 SP3, only to regret not buying a 16GB SP4.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm ok with the m3 in terms of performance. And a plus to it is the price and the fact it doesn't draw so much power as the i5, which also has a fan and all. But of course, the i5 is more powerful and will last me longer. And I found a deal for an i5, so I'm wondering, even though I lean towards the m3 one.

it would really depend on your use case and how fast it takes you to be frustrated by slowing processors
if you plan on doing a lot of work, editing, typing, creative work - then go for the i5 backed by 8GB RAM

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I would mostly use it to browse the web and watch online videos like Netflix, probably very light gaming. I am currently using a Surface 2 for that and it's ok, but I want to have Windows 10 apps.

My main point is how often would I need to recharge it, and weight and potential overheating are a factor too.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I would mostly use it to browse the web and watch online videos like Netflix, probably very light gaming. I am currently using a Surface 2 for that and it's ok, but I want to have Windows 10 apps.

My main point is how often would I need to recharge it, and weight and potential overheating are a factor too.

for heavy stuff which you're not doing, the i5 would be adequate. But for light stuff, the i5 is more than enough so I could conclude the battery will last longer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)