Hello,

I've removed all my email accounts from my Mail App on Windows Mobile 10.
    However appears that the app removed only the account configuration and not the mail data, 'cause in the storage monitor the app is still using 20gb of my device storage.
    I've tried to track down and delete the files from the phone manually but i can't figure out where the files are.
    I already tried to add the mail accounts again, but when i start to sync the mails, I receive a not enough space message.
    I don't want to Hard Reset my phone, cause don't make any sense for me need to reset the whole OS because an app doesn't removed his data properly.
    Anyone got this issue before or have any clue about how to solve this?

Regards,
    Vitor Linares
    08-29-2016 03:12 PM
    how much mail are you trying to sync? a week? month? all mail? etc, etc...

try syncing the smallest amount the phone will let you and if that works.
    08-29-2016 04:24 PM
    Hello,

I've removed all my email accounts from my Mail App on Windows Mobile 10.
    However appears that the app removed only the account configuration and not the mail data, 'cause in the storage monitor the app is still using 20gb of my device storage.
    I've tried to track down and delete the files from the phone manually but i can't figure out where the files are.
    I already tried to add the mail accounts again, but when i start to sync the mails, I receive a not enough space message.
    I don't want to Hard Reset my phone, cause don't make any sense for me need to reset the whole OS because an app doesn't removed his data properly.
    Anyone got this issue before or have any clue about how to solve this?

Regards,
    Vitor Linares
    the glitch where mail app would consume huge amounts of storage could only be resolved by doing a factory reset unfortunately. Yours is by far the worst case I've seen. 20Gb is too much space used by mail app

Sorry but the factory reset is the only choice as far as I know. Make sure to backup stuff before doing a reset

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    08-30-2016 04:36 AM