Are windows phone 8.1 apps better or the new W10M apps?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Have the apps being developed for W10M improved in quality or features compared with the old 8.1 apps? Or have they become worse?

I remember reading that Uber in W10M is worse compared with WP8.1 but the instagram app in W10M is better

What are your thoughts? Please state which app or apps you're basing your conclusions on

Thank you

Aiver

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Win 8.1 apps are good but they are in multitasking where as win 10 we see resuming screen and less crashes on apps the uwp apps better in terms of features and multitasking.
But it's up to you .

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Well I only had issues with Windows Central UWP before the last update, now it works perfectly. I like the new Messenger but it takes some time to load up the content once I launch it (maybe it's just me because I have it installed on SD card). I also prefer the new Office apps over the old ones, especially Outlook Mail and Calendar.

henocksandy

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Universal Apps are better. Only problem i had till now is the design, most apps have the same look with same hamburger menu. I think that will be better as time passes because Universal Apps are pretty new right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon