Why don't my windows stay on the same monitor?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I use two monitors (the laptop monitor + a VGA monitor). I connected a 3rd monitor (HDMI) for a while, then disconnected it as I didn't really use it. Since I disconnected it, one of the programs I use always opens on the laptop (main) rather than #2 screen where it is when I shut down. All the other programs I have tried seem to remember where they were when shut down - whether it is monitor 1 or 2, and size etc.

Even the subsidiary windows of the program in question open in their correct locations, it is just the main part of the program that insists on coming up on the main monitor.

Some detail - Win 10, program in question is an amateur radio one called fldigi. I tried reconnecting the 3rd monitor, but the problem is still there, so that may have just been a coincidence.

Any ideas of how to make the program open on #2 monitor in the location it was when last used?

Thanks
JJ

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I use two monitors (the laptop monitor + a VGA monitor). I connected a 3rd monitor (HDMI) for a while, then disconnected it as I didn't really use it. Since I disconnected it, one of the programs I use always opens on the laptop (main) rather than #2 screen where it is when I shut down. All the other programs I have tried seem to remember where they were when shut down - whether it is monitor 1 or 2, and size etc.

Even the subsidiary windows of the program in question open in their correct locations, it is just the main part of the program that insists on coming up on the main monitor.

Some detail - Win 10, program in question is an amateur radio one called fldigi. I tried reconnecting the 3rd monitor, but the problem is still there, so that may have just been a coincidence.

Any ideas of how to make the program open on #2 monitor in the location it was when last used?

Thanks
JJ

That's normal, I use dual monitors (or tv) since Xp and I remember that since there.
After a reboot, a shut down or a screensaver switch off, programs always go back on primary. Then you must move then to right position.
There's no setting / app for that

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
That's normal, I use dual monitors (or tv) since Xp and I remember that since there.
After a reboot, a shut down or a screensaver switch off, programs always go back on primary. Then you must move then to right position.
There's no setting / app for that

but the poster has mentioned thet the other programs stay on the other screens after every start up....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos