Play MIDI files through external keyboard

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

A Yahama YDP-223 piano is connected to a Lenovo computer on Windows 10 with a Yamaha MIDI-USB cable. In the "Red Dot Forever" program, I can record MIDI piano to the computer and play it back as long as I am in the program. If I try to play back any recorded MIDI files, they only play on Windows Media and not on the keyboard. How can I direct MIDI playback to the piano?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
A Yahama YDP-223 piano is connected to a Lenovo computer on Windows 10 with a Yamaha MIDI-USB cable. In the "Red Dot Forever" program, I can record MIDI piano to the computer and play it back as long as I am in the program. If I try to play back any recorded MIDI files, they only play on Windows Media and not on the keyboard. How can I direct MIDI playback to the piano?

In Win10 Panel Control -> Sounds, you can deeply set all your inside and connected audio devices.
When a MIDI KB is plugged, you should set manually output device as MIDI USB or whatever it names that, not your internal sound device.

The rule is , after you do it the first time, system remembers that for next time

Hugh Langhans

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
In the control panel, under sound, it lists 1. Digital Display Audio, not connected and 2. Speakers, Default Device. The Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver (WDM is another icon in the control panel. I could not find a way to direct MIDI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon