A Yahama YDP-223 piano is connected to a Lenovo computer on Windows 10 with a Yamaha MIDI-USB cable. In the "Red Dot Forever" program, I can record MIDI piano to the computer and play it back as long as I am in the program. If I try to play back any recorded MIDI files, they only play on Windows Media and not on the keyboard. How can I direct MIDI playback to the piano?
    08-30-2016 10:28 PM
    A Yahama YDP-223 piano is connected to a Lenovo computer on Windows 10 with a Yamaha MIDI-USB cable. In the "Red Dot Forever" program, I can record MIDI piano to the computer and play it back as long as I am in the program. If I try to play back any recorded MIDI files, they only play on Windows Media and not on the keyboard. How can I direct MIDI playback to the piano?
    In Win10 Panel Control -> Sounds, you can deeply set all your inside and connected audio devices.
    When a MIDI KB is plugged, you should set manually output device as MIDI USB or whatever it names that, not your internal sound device.

The rule is , after you do it the first time, system remembers that for next time
    08-31-2016 11:18 AM
    In the control panel, under sound, it lists 1. Digital Display Audio, not connected and 2. Speakers, Default Device. The Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver (WDM is another icon in the control panel. I could not find a way to direct MIDI.
    08-31-2016 05:42 PM