Windows 10 mobile: Biggest disappointment in my Microsoft-Life

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello everybody,

last Christmas I bought me a Lumia 550 with Windows 10 mobile preinstalled. I have used it till now. But there are so many flaws, that I don't know where to start. Does Microsoft know that it is offending their last hardcore fans? And I'm using more or less the standard apps.

Calender: My calender is completed nuts. Some birthdays are not showing. I'm German, but some birthdays are shown as i.e. "John's birthday" and the next one in German spelling "Johns Geburtstag".

Calender: After the last update other apps weren't able to save dates into the calender. I had to change the data privacy protection to "off", then to "on" again to get back on the track.

Contacts: After the last update all photos were gone. If I get a texto from my husband there are now two threads. Why? I don't know.

Contacts: Some birthdays are changing without my influence! Some birthdays have completely disappeared.

Location/tracking: Nevertheless I have disable "location" the location symbol is being shown from time to time.

Store: It's so so lame.

Photos: My Photo app is linked to Onedrive. Sometimes I delete pictures on the phone. They seem to be deleted, but after some hours they show up again.

At the moment I wouldn't buy a Windows phone again. Why does Microsoft do such a bad job? Why?

Greetings from Germany

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody,

last Christmas I bought me a Lumia 550 with Windows 10 mobile preinstalled. I have used it till now. But there are so many flaws, that I don't know where to start. Does Microsoft know that it is offending their last hardcore fans? And I'm using more or less the standard apps.

Calender: My calender is completed nuts. Some birthdays are not showing. I'm German, but some birthdays are shown as i.e. "John's birthday" and the next one in German spelling "Johns Geburtstag".

Calender: After the last update other apps weren't able to save dates into the calender. I had to change the data privacy protection to "off", then to "on" again to get back on the track.

Contacts: After the last update all photos were gone. If I get a texto from my husband there are now two threads. Why? I don't know.

Contacts: Some birthdays are changing without my influence! Some birthdays have completely disappeared.

Location/tracking: Nevertheless I have disable "location" the location symbol is being shown from time to time.

Store: It's so so lame.

Photos: My Photo app is linked to Onedrive. Sometimes I delete pictures on the phone. They seem to be deleted, but after some hours they show up again.

At the moment I wouldn't buy a Windows phone again. Why does Microsoft do such a bad job? Why?

Greetings from Germany

First of all: wich windows build you got?

Are you updated all your core apps in Store? Since Christmas, a lot of things changed

Location icon flashing its normal, some apps like weather, whatsapp, etc needs location for working full . Like desktops.

Contacts pictures disappearing is due to missing outlook, facebook or twitter link or app linked to contact: open settings and check. It was updated many times

Only actual calendar iussue is the dead live tile, anything else. Different borthdays language are dued to your overlaying imixed cakendars (e.g. personal + facebook calendar togheter)

CineKaz

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I have asked the question as a guest.

• Of course I have updated everything since then - all the time.
  • My windows build: 10.0.10586.494
  • Location icon flashing: okay, I accept this.
  • Unfortunately I don't get your point with contact pictures disappearing: I don't use facebook or twitter. I only use the contact app and picture app with the pictures stored on my phone. What do I have to do?
  • Calender issue: I don't use facebook. So I don't understand why the birthday language is mixed?

Do you have an explanation for vanishing birthdays? And changing birthdays?

Thanks a lot

CineKaz

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I have asked the question as a guest.

• Of course I have updated everything since then - all the time.
  • My windows build: 10.0.10586.494
  • Location icon flashing: okay, I accept this.
  • Unfortunately I don't get your point with contact pictures disappearing: I don't use facebook or twitter. I only use the contact app and picture app with the pictures stored on my phone. What do I have to do?
  • Calender issue: I don't use facebook. So I don't understand why the birthday language is mixed?

Do you have an explanation for vanishing birthdays? And changing birthdays?

Thanks a lot

CineKaz
?Location icon flashing is because of Find My Phone setting.
? Dual language in calendar solution:
1. Open Calendar Settings '???'> Calendar settings> Under Alternative Calendar 📅
, disable it. https://s17.postimg.org/519l3px1r/wp_ss_20160901_0002.png

#I'll update this post soon.

CineKaz

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I never enable different languages in my calender. I consider to delete the birthday calender and to set it up again.

I realized that I haven't got the anniversary update yet. It's not showing up. And if I search for it with my phone (Phone update) there is still now update? Should I be concerned?

Thanks a lot

CineKaz

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I never enable different languages in my calender. I consider to delete the birthday calender and to set it up again.

I realized that I haven't got the anniversary update yet. It's not showing up. And if I search for it with my phone (Phone update) there is still now update? Should I be concerned?

Thanks a lot

CineKaz

you mentioned your OS is 10586.494 - that's an old build so some of the apps you have also use the older version

Check for OS updates to see if there's anything available.
If nothing comes up, enrol into windows insider program, download windows insider app, select release ring, check for updates and install. After installing the OS, check for more updates
After all updates are done check for app updates

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes