I just get the Apps screen and can't see any way to get to the Start Screen, assume that there is a setting somewhere?

Thanks

Peter
    08-31-2016 10:24 AM
    I just get the Apps screen and can't see any way to get to the Start Screen, assume that there is a setting somewhere?

Thanks

Peter
    The settings are inside app itself, so open it and set.
    Elsewhere there's Dynamic Theme which works flawlessy both on start and lock screen, changin pic everyday

If you want simply change start screen image, go to Settings -> Start screen. That's all
    08-31-2016 10:42 AM
    When you are the"Apps" screen, try to pin an app to start screen. This may force the start screen to appear.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-31-2016 11:10 AM
    Appreciate your reply but, no doubt being thick, doesn't work for me. I can't see Start Screen under setting? I get System / Setting / Display but nothing seems to be changed there or at least I'm still left at the Apps Listing Screen not the Start Screen with the boxes of Apps. Hopefully that makes sense - more than happy to have what I would have thought to be the default start screen to get going. Can play around later with the smart stuff.

Thanks again
    08-31-2016 11:20 AM
    Appreciate your reply but, no doubt being thick, doesn't work for me. I can't see Start Screen under setting? I get System / Setting / Display but nothing seems to be changed there or at least I'm still left at the Apps Listing Screen not the Start Screen with the boxes of Apps. Hopefully that makes sense - more than happy to have what I would have thought to be the default start screen to get going. Can play around later with the smart stuff.

Thanks again
    go to settings > update and check for updates and if there are any, do the update
    Also check for app updates via store just in case
    08-31-2016 11:23 AM
    I had this after a failed restore. I had no start apps at all and the app list came up as the start screen. I had to pin a new app up start and a new start screen was created
    08-31-2016 12:40 PM
    Sounds promising, dare I ask how I pin an App to the Start screen? Simple enough on a PC but I don't see any obvious way on this phone.

Thanks again
    09-01-2016 12:55 PM
    @Chintan

Done that but without any success - I also note that I am unable to 'swipe' either left or right on the phone when in that Apps listing page.

Thanks Peter
    09-01-2016 12:57 PM
    Press and hold any app and you'll get the menu from which you can pin that app to start.
    09-01-2016 01:21 PM
    Press and hold any app and you'll get the menu from which you can pin that app to start.
    That was easy and appears to have completely solved my problem - many thanks

Peter
    09-01-2016 01:57 PM
    That was easy and appears to have completely solved my problem - many thanks

Peter
    the weird part is why this happens at all - blank start screens - by default the phone and messaging apps are always pinned on start screen
    09-02-2016 07:52 AM