how do I connect my phone to my laptop to be able to receive and send texts from my laptop?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a windows phone, more specifically a Nokia Lumia 635 and I have a Dell Inspiration 17 inch. I've paired my phone and laptop with blue tooth and they say Paired but i still can't send or receive texts.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I think a bit more info would be handy, sign up to the forum so you can reply.

The info that would help would be along the lines of what OS do you have on your phone and PC ?

With my 950 XL running the anniversary update and my PC and SP3 the same I don't need to pair the devices at all, when a text comes in Cortana gives me the option to answer it and I can also use Cortana to send a text with ease.

If you are meaning using the combined Skype and messenger service they were doing before the anniversary update, this has now ceased as they plan (Well I hope so) integrate it the other way through Skype directly.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a windows phone, more specifically a Nokia Lumia 635 and I have a Dell Inspiration 17 inch. I've paired my phone and laptop with blue tooth and they say Paired but i still can't send or receive texts.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
#Switch ON Bluetooth on both devices.
For Sending/Receiving files from:
A. W8.1/10 PC to Windows mobile
- Right Click on Bluetooth icon.
- Popup menu will appear, Click on 'Send/Receive a file'.
- A Dialog box will open for choosing file to send.
- Browse a file,OK.
-Click Next.
-On receiver device (phone/PC), You'll got a box for 'accept' the file.
---File completely send.
Turn off Bluetooth 😃

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss