Downloaded files keep re-appearing.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I downloaded a few files from my Onedrive and Internet (Application form) and when finished deleted them. I sent them to the recycle bin and emptied my recycle bin. The next day they reappeared. Every time I delete them, they still return the following day. I have tried permanently shredding and that has not worked. I have wiped all file history, cookies, cache etc. I can't access command prompt as I'm on my works computer. This has happened for months now. The computer runs on Windows 7.

mtiede

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I think it is syncing with OneDrive which is what it is supposed to do. Go to your OneDrive and delete it there. At worst, I'd try going to OneDrive on the web and delete from there.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded a few files from my Onedrive and Internet (Application form) and when finished deleted them. I sent them to the recycle bin and emptied my recycle bin. The next day they reappeared. Every time I delete them, they still return the following day. I have tried permanently shredding and that has not worked. I have wiped all file history, cookies, cache etc. I can't access command prompt as I'm on my works computer. This has happened for months now. The computer runs on Windows 7.

you said this is a work pc - does your workplace keep copies of your files on a local server? maybe the copy is coming from there

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb