GPS broken after upgrading to AU

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello all - owner of a Lumia 950 here. I upgraded to the AU a couple of weeks ago and since then I had noticed some intermittent GPS issues whenever trying to use Waze and the Maps app. When I entered turn-by-turn directions, both would be unable to find my current location with "No GPS. Showing approximate location" at the top of the screen and this would only be cleared up by rebooting the phone. This is now happening every single time I open Waze and Maps.

Is anyone seeing the same and/or able to help resolve this issue beyond rebooting every time I need to use GPS?

Thanks

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello all - owner of a Lumia 950 here. I upgraded to the AU a couple of weeks ago and since then I had noticed some intermittent GPS issues whenever trying to use Waze and the Maps app. When I entered turn-by-turn directions, both would be unable to find my current location with "No GPS. Showing approximate location" at the top of the screen and this would only be cleared up by rebooting the phone. This is now happening every single time I open Waze and Maps.

Is anyone seeing the same and/or able to help resolve this issue beyond rebooting every time I need to use GPS?

Thanks

It happened on my 650 very first time after updating. A simple reboot and it worked flawlessy. No more iussues

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Thanks

I seem to have a similar problem with maps where it doesn't find my location - lumia 540

guess we both will have to wait for a map update

A workaround I found was to open whatsapp, select send location to someone -this picks up the location in a second or two -then go back to maps app and it will have the right location and it will also update the location as you move

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism