Empty app list - no start

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When I go to the Start Screen, can see just three apps in pending (I started download of them before) and can't access any other app .
I still can open Settings (from the Action Center) and in Storage/Apps&Games, i can find all of the apps.
I can open the Store, open some installed app's page and click Launch button, and it will launch.
If i update any apps from the Store, they will appear on the app list.
Yesterday i downloaded a new Release Preview build, and some apps came back (Cortana, Settings, ...)
Solutions i tried:
- Downloaded a new keyboard, then soft reset
- Plugged-in an empty SD-Card, moved apps into that, then moving back into device

Lumia 650 - Redstone Release Preview

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
When I go to the Start Screen, can see just three apps in pending (I started download of them before) and can't access any other app .
I still can open Settings (from the Action Center) and in Storage/Apps&Games, i can find all of the apps.
I can open the Store, open some installed app's page and click Launch button, and it will launch.
If i update any apps from the Store, they will appear on the app list.
Yesterday i downloaded a new Release Preview build, and some apps came back (Cortana, Settings, ...)
Solutions i tried:
- Downloaded a new keyboard, then soft reset
- Plugged-in an empty SD-Card, moved apps into that, then moving back into device

Lumia 650 - Redstone Release Preview

Go to Store -> hamburgher tab -> My downloads -> Check, surely there are most pendings blocked with an error message, check it out.

If yes, move temporarly your apps destination to Device instead SD then retry. After done that successfully, you might move some apps to sd back

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes it'll do it but I can't do it for native apps (like Messaging, ...)

You should say before... Update went wrong, you need hard reset with backup (Settings -> Info -> Restore), so your phone will reinstall last downloaded o.s. and all core builds correctly. It's a boring process, ut when core apps don't work there's the only way

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos