Drop shadow issues with new computer

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I had a Dell laptop with Windows Vista. Bought this new all-in-one Dell with Windows 10. I used to be able to adjust the depth/color/tint, etc. of my graphics drop shadows on the old laptop with Vista. Now, whenever I open a graphic from anywhere that has a drop shadow on it, or make my own graphic and ADD my own drop shadow, the color is weird and I can't adjust anything. The color is this odd grayish/yellowish tint and I cannot make the yellow completely go away at all, and the grayish part won't go completely black either. How do I fix this. I've tried everything I can think of or that has been suggested so far. It's driving me crazy.

W

Windows Central Question

I had a Dell laptop with Windows Vista. Bought this new all-in-one Dell with Windows 10. I used to be able to adjust the depth/color/tint, etc. of my graphics drop shadows on the old laptop with Vista. Now, whenever I open a graphic from anywhere that has a drop shadow on it, or make my own graphic and ADD my own drop shadow, the color is weird and I can't adjust anything. The color is this odd grayish/yellowish tint and I cannot make the yellow completely go away at all, and the grayish part won't go completely black either. How do I fix this. I've tried everything I can think of or that has been suggested so far. It's driving me crazy.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads Merged.

User... Please do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

usernameisme

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi and sorry about that double post above. It wasn't intended. I seem to be having a lot of delay with whatever I'm doing here on your site...typing, posting, scrolling etc. As for the "please see this link for instructions", when I first happened upon this site in my search for help, there was no "Profile" icon in the top right as indicated on *this link*, still do not see one, and also there were 2 options...Create an account OR Ask a question and underneath the site's Welcome blah blah blah it said "answer in 5 minutes" and "no registration required!". So I simply chose Option 2 and asked my Q. So I confusedly read your reply, blinked a couple of times, and hit the link and did as I was told like the obedient little poster I am in hopes of the "coherent conversation" you alluded to. As I am having a great deal of dithering in my pointer and typing is lagging like nobody's business, I'm not even sure this will post. Fingers crossed.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi and sorry about that double post above. It wasn't intended. I seem to be having a lot of delay with whatever I'm doing here on your site...typing, posting, scrolling etc. As for the "please see this link for instructions", when I first happened upon this site in my search for help, there was no "Profile" icon in the top right as indicated on *this link*, still do not see one, and also there were 2 options...Create an account OR Ask a question and underneath the site's Welcome blah blah blah it said "answer in 5 minutes" and "no registration required!". So I simply chose Option 2 and asked my Q. So I confusedly read your reply, blinked a couple of times, and hit the link and did as I was told like the obedient little poster I am in hopes of the "coherent conversation" you alluded to. As I am having a great deal of dithering in my pointer and typing is lagging like nobody's business, I'm not even sure this will post. Fingers crossed.

are there any colour calibration options? Maybe from nvidia panel or something?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon