The search window is not opening from the desktop icon and I cannot write anything. However I can still search from within explorer normally. The computer is a laptop i5 processor. 4GB memory and 500GB drive. this happened recently as I was using search from the desktop normally. It was either the anniversary upgrade or a subsequent patch. Any help please?
    09-18-2016 05:52 AM
    The search window is not opening from the desktop icon and I cannot write anything. However I can still search from within explorer normally. The computer is a laptop i5 processor. 4GB memory and 500GB drive. this happened recently as I was using search from the desktop normally. It was either the anniversary upgrade or a subsequent patch. Any help please?
    try to restart and also check for additional OS updates

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    09-19-2016 08:20 AM
    I think I have solved the problem. I installed Java latest version and the search window is now working as before.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-20-2016 05:08 AM
    I think I have solved the problem. I installed Java latest version and the search window is now working as before.
    that's a bit weird since java wouldn't affect the OS but if it's working, well and good
    09-25-2016 01:20 AM