Unable to install updates

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

From the "Update & Security" Panel, i see that I have updates available for install. When I click "Install Now" and "allow UAC", I recieve this error.

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information.

As this has been going on for months, I have searched the web and paid to have this evaluated. I've been told that my only option is to do a clean Win10 install (with the subsequent hours of reinstalling all of my software and their updates). Is there another option?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
From the "Update & Security" Panel, i see that I have updates available for install. When I click "Install Now" and "allow UAC", I recieve this error.

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information.

As this has been going on for months, I have searched the web and paid to have this evaluated. I've been told that my only option is to do a clean Win10 install (with the subsequent hours of reinstalling all of my software and their updates). Is there another option?

i suggest you to try the windows update troubleshooter, it seems o fix a lot of related issues with windows update.

download the troubleshooter HERE

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

try the troubleshooter as has been suggested
What OS version is your device on? You can check in settings > system > about >OS build

Do you also have the setting enabled to get updates for other MS products like office? Try switching that off

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes