From the "Update & Security" Panel, i see that I have updates available for install. When I click "Install Now" and "allow UAC", I recieve this error.

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information.

As this has been going on for months, I have searched the web and paid to have this evaluated. I've been told that my only option is to do a clean Win10 install (with the subsequent hours of reinstalling all of my software and their updates). Is there another option?
    09-19-2016 08:42 AM
    From the "Update & Security" Panel, i see that I have updates available for install. When I click "Install Now" and "allow UAC", I recieve this error.

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information.

As this has been going on for months, I have searched the web and paid to have this evaluated. I've been told that my only option is to do a clean Win10 install (with the subsequent hours of reinstalling all of my software and their updates). Is there another option?
    i suggest you to try the windows update troubleshooter, it seems o fix a lot of related issues with windows update.

download the troubleshooter HERE
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-19-2016 10:02 AM

try the troubleshooter as has been suggested
    What OS version is your device on? You can check in settings > system > about >OS build

Do you also have the setting enabled to get updates for other MS products like office? Try switching that off

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    09-25-2016 11:38 AM