Can't read time in systray with fall update. How can I change the font color to white?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Previously, the time was in black on a white background, I believe. Very easy to see. Now, there is no separate color for the Date & Time box, and the taskbar colors don't come light enough to offset the black font for the time. How can I get a lighter taskbar color or, better, change the font color of the time and date to white, which the other items in the old systray are? I need a much better contrast to read the time, and I've tried just abt everything I could find in Settings to fix this.

Also, I'd like to know how to get both the time and the date on the taskbar. This fall upgrade of Windows 10 seems to be making things more difficult than they were.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
You are using the Light theme instead the most used Dark theme (white fornts on dark backgrounds), try reversing it
Or in Settings -> Customizing -> Screen, go to Theme for the old Screen Customization panel

Biznewsman

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Thx, but I don't see a way to change that font to white, except to use a high-contrast theme that changes everything. I can't change just one thing. None of the themes I've chosen adjust the type correctly. E.g., on one, my favorites at the top of the browser are all in white, but the date/time is in black. Going to a dark theme just puts black type on a black box. Also, the latest W-10 update doesn't have Customizing or Screen under Settings, tho I checked other areas that should have done the same thing.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thx, but I don't see a way to change that font to white, except to use a high-contrast theme that changes everything. I can't change just one thing. None of the themes I've chosen adjust the type correctly. E.g., on one, my favorites at the top of the browser are all in white, but the date/time is in black. Going to a dark theme just puts black type on a black box. Also, the latest W-10 update doesn't have Customizing or Screen under Settings, tho I checked other areas that should have done the same thing.

in settings > personalisation > colours >do you have it set to light or dark?
What about the rest of the toggles?

My work pc (managed by company) looks okay - the font is white while the taskbar is black

As for the time and date - time shows and when you hover the mouse over the time, it also shows the date above it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes