Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update Invert Color Filter - A Strange Alternative to a White Accent Color

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Hey there,

I just watched Zac Bowden's walkthrough of the Windows 10 Fall Creator's update hoping I could find an answer to this concept screenshot:

FluentTaskbar.png

This "white accent color" on the taskbar is something that Windows 10 users have been requesting for years with no possible solution. That is, until this concept screenshot above emerged for less than two seconds in the Fluent Design System concept video.

Apparently, Microsoft went for a strange solution to this request. Instead of giving the users the option to select #FFFFFF as an accent color, they seem to have added it as an "Invert" color filter in the ease of access settings panel (as per Zac's video).

FluentInvertTaskbar.png

As you can see, this color filter produces an undesired effect: the colors on Daniel Rubino's pinned MyPeople face have been inverted (lower right corner). This induced effect is unnatural for those who desire just a white accent color.

So, I guess it is back to the drawing board for the white accent color concept. Or, there could be a workaround. Who knows?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss