Yahoo Mail - cannot acccess

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I was asked to update my password in yahoo mail and also make it more secure. They asked to download the app. Well,. the app is available for Android and Apple, not my win 10 phone. Anyway, it does not work on my phone even after resetting it to allow access by a less secure device and removing and adding back to my phone. I can't even find it on my phone anymore after trying to add back.
Any suggestions?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
No app is required to enable 2 factor on Yahoo email. Sounds like a SCAM. You don't say who 'they' are.

I really suggest you enable 2 factor authentication though. It means new logins will send a Text message to your phone to log in.

Protecting Your Yahoo! Mail With 2-Step Authentication

You will likely need to create a single "application-specific password" for your phone email to use.

Do not randomly change passwords because 'someone' requests it. If you enable 2 factor, your email will be very secure.

JGNAR

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, forgot to mention that them is Yahoo as I was login in on the web. Asked to change pwd. Make it more secure and use the apps.
I change passwords frequently and have two yahoo accounts on my 830. The other one works just fine.

Have tried removing from the phone, resetting the phone, left mail off the phone overnight. When I add it back, I can't even find it in the app list so it is missing from the start menu. Looks like the major security breach at Yahoo has made them make some changes that are not compatible with Win10 phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon