Why does my 950XL display stay dimmed?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi,

the display dims after 30 seconds of inactivity. Unfortunately it stays dimmed after touching the display again. In order to turn it bright I need to lock and unlock my phone. Is this a known issue? How do I fix it?

I use a German 950XL without branding and the latest firmware.

Thanks for your help.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

the display dims after 30 seconds of inactivity. Unfortunately it stays dimmed after touching the display again. In order to turn it bright I need to lock and unlock my phone. Is this a known issue? How do I fix it?

I use a German 950XL without branding and the latest firmware.

Thanks for your help.

which Windows build you got? Did you downlaoded the double tap to wake firmware and enabled it?

wc21a

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I got the 10.0.14393.189 and double tap to wake is disabled. The device locks automatically after a minute. The issue is the dimming after 30 seconds while the device is still unlocked.

rb2468

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why does my 950XL display stay dimmed? FIXED !!!!!!!

I had same problem for many months with 950XL. Phone would turn on dimmed or go dim while using. Turning off and back on would usually reset to normal but no fix was discovered until I removed battery, sim, SDRAM to clean contacts and re-assemble. NO PROBLEMS FOR 2 MONTHS NOW AFTER CLEANING CONTACTS. (must have been battery) Not a single problem. Working perfectly now. You should try it on your phone. Good Luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon