This morning, my icons on the taskbar have suddenly turned into icons with names of open apps and tabs. I didn't change anything, but did recently have an update. I prefer to not have the names showing. I know what the icons are and prefer to point at it to choose a tab, etc. How do I get the names to go away?
    09-23-2016 09:50 AM
    Right click on the taskbar > Settings. Scroll down to Combine taskbar buttons drop down menu (situated just above Notification area section).

In the drop down menu select "Always hide labels". Done.
    Right click on the taskbar > Settings. Scroll down to Combine taskbar buttons drop down menu (situated just above Notification area section).

In the drop down menu select "Always hide labels". Done.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-23-2016 03:07 PM
    This morning, my icons on the taskbar have suddenly turned into icons with names of open apps and tabs. I didn't change anything, but did recently have an update. I prefer to not have the names showing. I know what the icons are and prefer to point at it to choose a tab, etc. How do I get the names to go away?
    If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    09-25-2016 06:04 AM