After transferring my phone from my old 1020 to the new 950XL, I have duplicate SMS messages. How do I remove the duplicates?

Secondly the Windows Messaging App seems to have some SMS messages but not all. How do I make sure this app is connected to my phone and displays current SMS messages?
    09-28-2016 10:10 AM
    After transferring my phone from my old 1020 to the new 950XL, I have duplicate SMS messages. How do I remove the duplicates?

Secondly the Windows Messaging App seems to have some SMS messages but not all. How do I make sure this app is connected to my phone and displays current SMS messages?
    That's a very recent iussue on last MEssages, Outllok and People app last updates, topics appears duplicated. Stand by next build / app update for fixin that or a workaround.
    Your Message app will be updated by cloud in some hours, check settings -> Sync between devices and choose One month
    09-28-2016 10:35 AM

the duplicate messages were also as a result of them changing something in the server - I have 4 message copies in some threads but I just leave them/ignore them

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    09-29-2016 08:12 AM