Why have my photos been deleted from my SD card following the recent update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Following a recent update for windows 10 Mobile update has deleted photos from my SD card on my Lumia 640.
I stored the photos on the SD card following the update from windows 8.1 to windows 10 to allow space for the update which went fine. After recent update the photos seem to be have synced with the with OneDrive and so does not contain the photos I had deliberately stored on my SD card.
I have tried to look at the SD card on windows PC and it just shows the same photos as that shown on the OneDrive. What can I do or has the damage already been done?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
There are photo and file recovery programs which you can try to use to check and recover the photos that have been deleted from your SD Card. I have a few in my PC, but I'd recommend Recuva (from Piriform) - does a good job for what it's worth (it's free).

Just the same, your SD Card may be starting to fail. I'd also recommend getting a spare SD Card to be sure.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
If the photos have synced to one drive you can still view them and save them On your SD card using the app Or logging in to your one drive account on web using the Microsoft account credentials.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android %)

scottbiggs32

May 17, 2016
Visit site
If the photos have been synced with ‘onedrive” then you can always save them to your specified location. However, if still you cannot recover your photos lost from your SD card then better go for Photo Recovery Programs like Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery, Remo Recovery, Minitool Photo Recovery etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon