I upgraded to the free win10 from win8, and it ran ok for several months now. Last week Microsoft did an automatic upgrade, and afterwards it went to a black screen with an upgrade circle at the bottom, and it stayed stuck there (I left it on all night!). I tried rebooting several times, but it stayed stuck. Finally I rebooted into the system menu and did a system restore. That put it back into win8! I tried to get my backup recovery software to work, but I was having trouble so I rebooted a couple more times, and then it went into a recovery mode and said the system was unrecoverable! I am now trying to create a bootable USB drive so I can load the recovery software, but I haven't figured that out yet. Where do I get these ISO files? Do I have to buy them from Microsoft?! Is there a simple way to make a USB drive I can at least load the recovery software onto so I can run it? My system is a Lenovo Z580 laptop.
    10-14-2016 09:20 PM
    Hi Welcome to Windows Central! You can get the media creation tool here. If you need more help, please join the forum and someone will help you!
    It sounds like you have corrupted your OS and you will need to start from factory, which means you will lose your Apps! Sorry you are having these issues!
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=mWD7-zO-
    10-14-2016 09:48 PM