950 repeated crashing!

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My 950 was purchased (in the UK) in December 2015, and since the last 6 months the handset has suffered from frequent resets. The handset has been sent of to Windows to be 'repaired' under said warranty on 2 separate occasions and it appears this issue hasn't been fixed.

This has led me to believe that perhaps the issue is related to an app or setting. I've reset the handset on multiple occasions to factory settings and it has not addressed the problem.

In terms of the reset itself, it will keep rebooting over and over again not giving me the opportunity to even unlock the phone. This will happen until the battery runs out. It is really temperamental and as such the phone is un-useable for large parts of the day, often only working when connected to power.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues? Thanks in advance

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi and welcome to windows central.

similar issue was reported on early insider builds for windows 10 anniversary update but those are all solved and currently on redstone 2 fast ring builds the reboot loop is not visible, though it might exist in a few devices but is mostly isolated to those. Could you tell us whether you were a part of windows insiders earlier or at present and what did the windows care representative tell you about the issue for which it was under service that too twice.

the issue could be because of a faulty battery as well, a few users had the experience where the phone would shut off when reaching 50-60% charge. The reason was a faulty battery.

If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , learn how to join windows central.

AndrewStockton

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I was a Windows Insider upon initial launch of the movement. However, I as time has elapsed I can't really remember what that entailed likewise if I took any actions (apologies!).

When under service, they made no reference to the rebooting and 'addressed' other issues such as microphone. Although I clearly outlined the additional fault with the software crashes. I have noticed that the device has been removed from https://devicesupport.microsoft.com and I cannot register a new phone to my support account. I'll see if I can retrieve the diagnosis from a photo I took. My colleague has a 950 so I'll try and swap batteries tomorrow to see if that is the issue.

AndrewStockton

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I exchange batteries with my friend yesterday upon the first crash. Once swapped my phone seemed to be working flawlessly, and his wouldn't switch on which would support your theory about the battery. I've ordered a new one which I anticipate will be here in a few weeks, so I'll keep you updated. Again thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital