I have been up on windows 10 for months, have been getting auto updates and everything has been fine. After 10/16/2016 auto updates, all my customized changes
    were gone (desktop background, logon screen, startup programs, menus, etc). Had a totally different look and feel. In addition, I couldn't log onto the internet( "windows couldn't automatically bind the protocol stack to the network adapter").

I tried uninstalling the updates which didn't help. Tried to do a restore which failed(couldn't find a some zip file). Eventually after hours of stress I eventually was able to go back to a previous build via the settings/update&security screens. After reboot everything went back to normal including internet access.

I then disabled the windows update service to avoid a recurrence of the problem.

I would like to receive future updates ( especially for security), but am afraid to turn the service back on.

Is Microsoft aware of this problem and will the be fixing it? Any recommendations?
    10-23-2016 12:13 PM
    Hi! Welcome to Windows Central! Yes others are having problems with updates. Here's a link on the forum! If you have more questions, please join the forum!
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...-problems.html
    10-23-2016 01:33 PM