Recovering accidentally deleted files in Win10

Tanwin

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I seem to have deleted some files and it wasn't until after I had backed them up i realised my stupid mistake. Is there a way to recover them?

I have the Win 10 Anniversary Update which I quite like and there are no problems there

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I always used PhotoRec for ntfs and FAT32. Free and works unless you have disk corruption or a low level wipe was done. Usually not needed nowadays for customers since cloud storage so widely used.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I always used PhotoRec for ntfs and FAT32. Free and works unless you have disk corruption or a low level wipe was done. Usually not needed nowadays for customers since cloud storage so widely used.

I've never heard of that. Thanks very much, it sounds useful, especially as it is free.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I've never heard of that. Thanks very much, it sounds useful, especially as it is free.

Over the years I used it quite a bit. It takes time to get used to using it. It is command line only if I remember correctly. They kept it maintained/updated too. I have not used it though it probably several years. So I am not sure if they moved to support W10 or not.

I just checked the site and he still keeps up with it, and has more tools available too
here

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Over the years I used it quite a bit. It takes time to get used to using it. It is command line only if I remember correctly. They kept it maintained/updated too. I have not used it though it probably several years. So I am not sure if they moved to support W10 or not.

I just checked the site and he still keeps up with it, and has more tools available too
here

Good find! Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon