I hate windows 10

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I hate windows 10 and want to get back to windows 7. It is too slow, the apps don't work, there are not enough interesting apps anyway. Everytime I log on it is causing me frustration. I can't even play my old games. You have not improved anything for me. Best thing you could do would be to bring back XP frankly.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I would not recommend downgrading
The best way to go back to your old OS is to create a back up image with a 3rd party image program before upgrading to W10. I can go back and forth any time I want, or I could the last time I tried. I like W10 and have no desire to go back to W7. I would suggest a in-place upgrade repair. That should solve a lot of problems! It will take a long time to complete, so you need to be patient!
How to repair Windows 10 with in-place upgrade. - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

The repair of Windows 10, can resolve many problems in Windows 10 functionality and some times is the most reliable and quickest way to fix the Windows 10 malfunctions. Also the in-place Windows 10 upgrade, which performed with the repair process, ensures that Windows 10 have the latest updates and fixes installed.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I hate windows 10 and want to get back to windows 7. It is too slow, the apps don't work, there are not enough interesting apps anyway. Everytime I log on it is causing me frustration. I can't even play my old games. You have not improved anything for me. Best thing you could do would be to bring back XP frankly.

W10 is way faster n better in win 7, but ofcourse I can imagine it may be not be optimal on older hardware

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I only knew one person who liked W7 better than W10, and that ended up being the result of him not knowing how to configure W10 in the same way someone had previously configured W7 for him.

I do have trouble believing W7 is faster than W10, because for the most part performance is identical (even on very outdated hardware), except in a few areas where W10 is objectively faster (like boot time). Could it be that your hard drive is getting full or is a lot more fragmented than it used to be? Have you done a W10 clean install?

I can imagine that some very old games may not run. Have you tried launching them in "compatibility mode"?

The argument that W10 is worse than W7 because the store has too few apps is, to put it nicely, strange. W7 doesn't even have an app store. Beyond that they both have access to the millions of Win32 based desktop titles. If any one is preferable in terms of software selection it's inarguably W10.

Direct integration of MS' services (like OneDrive) is likely the biggest reason W10 is objectively better. There are many many more.

I can understand someone preferring W7 for esthetical or other subjective reasons, but objectively it's very hard to substantiate that W7 is the better OS. Still, subjective opinions are important too. Either way, Depending on how you answer those questions, I'd recommend different courses of action.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi IMHO Windows 10 just keeps getting better. There have been some minor problems, but all fixable. My biggest gripes are the windows updates, but after a in-place upgrade repair, they seem to be updating just fine now. Will wait and see what patch Tuesday looks like. I really like W10. I don't plan on going back to W7. Good job explaining W10 @a5cent :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes