Why is my Windows Store downloads so slow?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Whenever I start downloading apps from the Store, it takes forever to download and is extremely slow regardless of the size of the app and I have a very good and stable internet connection. Please help me I do not know what to do

Thanks in advance.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I start downloading apps from the Store, it takes forever to download and is extremely slow regardless of the size of the app and I have a very good and stable internet connection. Please help me I do not know what to do

Thanks in advance.

Since you didn't elaborate I'm going to assume this is on WP and if so, are you running 8.1 or 10. If the latter then going by my experiences it is NOT you and there's little you can do about it.

anon(5604227)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
We are very lucky if we are using the Windows 10 (Mobile or not) Store. This Store is bad with a lot of problems and wrong and time and excessive bandwidth consumption, but is incredibly better than the 8 and 8.1 ones.

In a podcast I do (in Spanish) I got an incredible ten minutes of RFLMAO when showing the "virtues" of the Windows 8 store. Was a very epic moment. Even the other participants in the podcast couldn't stop of laugh...

Well, really all of us must cry because so bad and wrong programs goes to production. As said, current versions of Windows App Store is slow, sometimes does not work and very frequently fails to update the programs. It's a general problem, and as it comes from final customers and not from Big Accounts, Microsoft does nothing to resolve those issues.

(Yes, yes, I only talk about problems with Windows, not its virtues, that of course have... in the Desktop. But for Cloud and Tablet or "Sof?", it sucks).

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
We are very lucky if we are using the Windows 10 (Mobile or not) Store. This Store is bad with a lot of problems and wrong and time and excessive bandwidth consumption, but is incredibly better than the 8 and 8.1 ones.

In my opinion the app store for WP10 can't hold a candle to 8.0/8.1, not anywhere close. What I'm seeing is an utter disgrace considering "apps" are what make a smart phone, well, SMART. The progress or lack thereof w/WP10 in general makes me wonder if MS is loosing their mojo, hell the PC variant hasn't been all that stellar either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte