Lumia 1020 suddenly dead

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello guy! My Lumia 1020 after using 3years and suddenly when dead (while im using Facebook and the battery still 69%). I already do the soft and hard reset even using Recovery tool and nothing happen. I had check the battery by taking the parts off and it okay. So anything can help my phone :( I'm really love my Lumia please help!

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm not sure how you checked the battery, as it is likely to be at fault.
You mention doing a soft / hard reset and using the Recovery tool, but as the phone is 'dead' you haven't been able to perform those procedures.

Can you try leaving the phone on charge for a couple of hours and then try a soft reset with the charger connected.
Then report back?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

DominicanNY

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with my lumia 1020, when i plugged it to wall charger the windows logo started flashing or blinking for few second after that my lumia 1020 is totally dead. I think this is not battery issue because the phone does not display any battery image however i think this could be a motherboard issue.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my lumia 1020, when i plugged it to wall charger the windows logo started flashing or blinking for few second after that my lumia 1020 is totally dead.
Well the OP doesn't mention any flashing or blinking of the Windows logo so possibly not the same issue.
Have you attempted a hard reset or tried using the 'Windows Device Recovery Tool'?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for responded my question. Anyway i leave charge on wall charger full night and after that my phone still not waking.
Hi and welcome to the forums.
Is there another charger you can use? just to rule out any problems with your original/usual charger.
I'll be honest it does sound like a hardware problem.
If you are comfortable taking your phone apart it maybe worth purchasing a replacement battery.

DominicanNY

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
i tried everything and windows Device Recovery Tool does not detect my phone , my lumia 1020 is totally dead, when I plugged it to the wall charger the windows logo started blinking for few second after that nothing else

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
i tried everything and windows Device Recovery Tool does not detect my phone , my lumia 1020 is totally dead, when I plugged it to the wall charger the windows logo started blinking for few second after that nothing else
Hi, if you have tried another charger and a soft reset (connected to the charger), then your next options are taking the phone to an authorised repairer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2