My Windows Phone 10 starts in the middle of the night after being switched off

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

On several occasions, my windows phone have started by itself in the middle of the night. Could this be malware / spyware (many people say it is impossible on a windows phone but I don't believe this). Or could it be that the phone wants to check for updates by itself?

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
maybe its w10m bug OR( some hardware problem if it happened after upgrading to w10m)IMO: Rollback to w8.1 using WDRT.If your phone is in Warranty period then take it to your nearest MS Authorised Center

Last edited:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
no there is no such malware / spyware which could wake your machine up when turned off. Yes this could happen if your machine is in sleep / hibernate mode connected to a network but no not when your device is turned off and not connected to a network.

tell us about the device, are there any other weird behavior that you have noticed?

If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , learn how to join windows central.

Pinnsvein

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Well it has happened when the phone has been completely switched off. I know that on the phone there are certain hours which are used for updates. If these occur during the night, can it switch the phone on?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven