Apps System requirements say I dont have enough RAM in 950xl

Saad Rashid

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Dear All. In store when I see details of minimum system requirements of Apps like Facebook, it shows a red cross against 2GB minimum RAM requirement. I have Lumia 950 xl running on latest official build and it has got 3GB RAM as claimed by Microsoft. Can someone else check this on their phones ?

Remake

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Dear All. In store when I see details of minimum system requirements of Apps like Facebook, it shows a red cross against 2GB minimum RAM requirement. I have Lumia 950 xl running on latest official build and it has got 3GB RAM as claimed by Microsoft. Can someone else check this on their phones ?

Hi,
I have the same problem on the same phone. FB also takes ages to load and crashes a lot. The new WC app behaves similarly. Looking for a solution...

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

What about posting a screen shot?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
That sounds odd. If anything, Facebook should work just fine. Have you tried a soft reset (hold volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates)?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
That's strange. In this case, I'm going to guess that the Store is at fault. It's either that or the Facebook app itself. Have you tried any third party apps with Facebook, such as SlimSocial? Any luck there?

Saad Rashid

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
That sounds odd. If anything, Facebook should work just fine. Have you tried a soft reset (hold volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates)?

That's strange. In this case, I'm going to guess that the Store is at fault. It's either that or the Facebook app itself. Have you tried any third party apps with Facebook, such as SlimSocial? Any luck there?

It's not just Facebook. Any app that shows minimum system requirements in store shows the same and because of that I am not allowed to rate the app. Few months back I posted on wc forums that is Microsoft lying to us about ram in Lumia 950xl, most of people made fun of me and said I'm doing some controversy against MS. But after noticing this, I again have doubts about the 3GB RAM claim :/

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It's not just Facebook. Any app that shows minimum system requirements in store shows the same and because of that I am not allowed to rate the app. Few months back I posted on wc forums that is Microsoft lying to us about ram in Lumia 950xl, most of people made fun of me and said I'm doing some controversy against MS. But after noticing this, I again have doubts about the 3GB RAM claim :/

Hmm, now that you said that, that is one of the weirdest things I have read about. I'm out of answers, sorry.

Saad Rashid

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site

Hi! I don't know a lot about phones, but I do know about computers. IMHO is sounds like hardware problems and especially RAM. I'm wondering if there is a way to test RAM on a phone. I would think that RAM could go bad on a Phone just like it does on a computer!:wink:
Please just ignore me if I'm way off base!:grin:
How to check ram - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I understand your point. But unfortunately windows phone doesn't offer to check memory usage status

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
OK thanks for your reply. I'll go back to the Computer section! PCs have memory sticks that you can replace when they go bad. To bad Phones don't have that option!
Would be cool if you could add more RAM or replace bad RAM.:wink:
Good luck! I follow my friend @libra89 and try to learn from her!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos