Anyone else find Outlook.com to be very buggy?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've been having a lot of issues with Outlook.com since the new interface came out.

1. Contacts that share some info but aren't the same person get linked. Example: My parents share a last name, an email and physical address, but have different cell numbers and obviously, first names. Yet they got linked together automatically when Outlook.com migrated, and after unlinking, my dad now has a second mobile phone number listed, which is actually my moms number. It's grayed out and can't be edited, and is listed as "recently emailed" (Yes, it says I recently emailed a telephone number). I tried deleting and recreating my dad's contact. As soon as I created it, it was again merged with my mothers info and started the whole thing over. Now my moms contact is really jacked up - her name is shown as my dads first and last name, but it's alphabetized correctly for her first name, and her name is shown when opening the contact.

It also suggests my wife as a link for my mother and literally the only info they have in common is the last name.

2. Contacts email addresses previously saved as work, are now saved as Personal. In some cases, the work email entry simply disappeared. In other cases, the Work email is still there, but duplicated as a Personal. In those cases, the duplicated Personal address is grayed out, can't be edited, and is labeled as "recently emailed", even if I haven't emailed the person in 8 months.

I've been going back and forth with Microsoft support for two weeks, as well as posted in the community forums, but haven't gotten anywhere. One guy in the community said he had the same issue. I'm just trying to figure out if anyone else is having these problem, and if there was a resolution.

js14873

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
....and it gets even better. I tried to delete another contact in an attempt to start fresh...and I have no option to delete it! This person does have a Skype contact, but I don't even have the Links icon to unlink the Skype from the Outlook to delete the Outlook. I deleted the contact using the People app from my phone but they still appear in Outlook.com.

urosh011

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have similar issues. My contacts list is completely messed up. The biggest issue is contacts multiplying on their own. As you open contact you can see that it was linked with 20 copies of itself. All started with one particular contact that I deleted because of some problems with birthday calendar. After some time I decided to delete all contact and import my backup .csv file. Now problem is escalating to the point that my addressbook is no longer reliable. Contacts are disappearing and reappearing and multiplying in their own. I have searched a little bit and it seams that problem is here for some time, See this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/acd611e2-d3d6-4acb-bc63-32a32e7702c7?page=9
For me this should be a top priority. It's a huge bug that can affect businesses that expect reliable solution for contact management.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon