my laptop battery drains completely even after shutting it down.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

this is actually frustrating, facing this problem from 3-4 days in the night time it remained charged up to 80/90%. But next day it was fully discharged.

humzahyaz

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Go into settings by pressing Windows key + I and in the area where it says, 'Find a setting' type 'Battery Saver' and click on 'Battery usage by app' to see which app is usurping the battery the most. Then in the same 'find a setting' area type, 'Background apps' and then choose which apps should be allowed to run in the background. Clearly you have some background app(s) which are draining out your battery and then you would be advised to first identify the app(s) and then turning them off from running in the background.

RockStarNinja

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I actually have this issue with my laptop as well. I've tried everything from turning off apps to disconnecting the wifi when I'm done using it and still haven't found a solution. It's most frustrating because it will be fully charged and ill do a full shut down when I'm done, but I try to turn it on the next day its dead and I have to plug it in for several minutes before it will even turn on. If someone has any suggestions im definitely open to them. I've got a Samsung tablet with detachable keyboard (that I rarely keep attached)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes