Best parental control solution for teenagers?

James Auman

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I need the ability to monitor where my teenagers go on the internet both through our home internet service provider (Time Warner) and via their data plans (AT&T). I also need to be able to block service (either partially or 100%) from time to time (e.g. the kids aren't doing their chores/schoolwork, so I cut off internet service to time-wasting sites like facebook/snapchat or just pull the plug altogether). Is there a guide out there for newbies like me? Of note, what router is the best for managing individual devices (e.g. block my son's iPhone but not my wife's Surface). I have a Netgear 6300 today and I can't seem to block particular devices easily (I need to be able to quickly enable/disable access and have the option of doing it remotely).

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Try the Neargear N900, it has a mobile app (Netgear Genie) which you can login to, to block specific devices, and even setup a internet restriction by blocking certain websites. It's not exactly monitoring but you'll be able to block whatever you want. You can use the Netgear Genie app on any phone, PC, or you can use the router settings to do it manually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon