Got strong GPRS and wireless signals but cannot access anything

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My phone is working OK. I get a strong wireless and GPRS signal and all other devices in the house are working OK, but on the phone itself I cannot access anything from the internet. Suggestions?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Check your APN settings and make sure that they match your recommended settings from your carrier.

Can you please read how to join Windows Central here to provide more information such as, what phone do you have? How is it working on WiFi? Is your WiFi strong? How long has this been happening?

bangna63

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
joined now. i am on a lumia 630 dual sim. This problem started 10 hours ago. both GPRS and WIFI signals are strong and all other devices are working fine in the house both mine and other people's, but I cannot connect with anything internet derived on the phone. The APN setting are set to automatic and i have never touched that.

bangna63

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
Just to add, I noticed the last few days as I move around the floors of the house, I was frequently getting disconnected from the radio app I use which is usually reliable, not sure if that helps in any way.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
joined now. i am on a lumia 630 dual sim. This problem started 10 hours ago. both GPRS and WIFI signals are strong and all other devices are working fine in the house both mine and other people's, but I cannot connect with anything internet derived on the phone. The APN setting are set to automatic and i have never touched that.

Thank you for joining! Welcome to Windows Central! That's odd. What happens if you turn off one and try to use the other?

bangna63

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
OK, fixed it, self inflicted! I had tried out a VPN but decided not to keep it so deleted it. However, ! did not switch off VPN in settings. Eventually I discovered this and now it works. A reminder to everyone on VPN complications. i also had a similar problem with Hola causing error messages in Chrome the same day on my laptop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes