LeapFrog App doesn't run on Microsoft Surface 2

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've purchased a Leapfrog Start learning system for my young grandson. The set-up requires installation of Leapfrog Connect at leapfrog.com/connect.

In trying to do this on my Microsoft Surface 2, I get a response 'this app can't run on your PC'

Does anyone know if there is someway to do this on the Surface 2 or would I need to use another PC?

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Most likely the Surface 2 is considered a Mobile device and that app doesn't support mobile. Yes it sounds like you need a regular, or "desktop PC and/or Mac. (It will probably work on a desktop Mac too). Likely it would work on a standard laptop also. You see, the Surface is not using full windows, it has a special version build to the surface called WindowsRT.

Last edited by a moderator:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I concur. LeapFrog Connect from that site likely does not work with Windows RT. Additionally when I look in the App Store on my Win RT device I can find no results for LeapFrog.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs