Intersting read on Micro SD cards from 2015.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have just bought a Lumia 950 and want to buy a Micro SD64gb mainly for my music and photos, perhaps some video. I've looked as Sandisk but I'm confused with all the different version, any advice please

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello there and welcome to WC!

You will be fine with Sandisk, Samsung or Sony cards.
Look for SDXC UHS1 cards that show 10 in a small circle on them.
64GB cards are dropping in price so that size is a great choice.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The other advice I offer is to avoid purchasing MicroSD cards from eBay sellers. Many of those are cheap because they are counterfeit. If you purchase from reputable stores such as Amazon (itself, not 3rd party sellers), Tigerdirect, Best Buy then you will get real cards not counterfeits.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My testing of SD cards on Laptop and Windows Phones (W10M included) have convinced me that Samsung EVO is superior to Sandisk when it comes to the all-important Read/Write Speed and I used to be a Sandisk loyalist for years and years. Very happy to have made the switch.

For best results you want a UHS-I card.

Here is a ships from and sold by Amazon (US) option that I keep going back to for quality, original cards with fast delivery and great price.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IVPU786/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes