How to force desktop into tablet mode?

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I am looking to use my PC for an HTPC hooked up to my TV and I cannot get it to go into tablet mode. I find tablet mode is a LOT easier to use with a wireless mouse and keyboard and is perfect for a home theater setup since everything is full screen and scales properly. How do enable tablet mode? The button is greyed out. I have attached a screenshot. Thanks!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/DanTheManCelica/S7%20pics/score.png~original

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
hmmm I guess it knows you don't have a touch device so maybe that's why it won't enabled tablet mode.

No matter, how about using Start in Full screen mode?

Settings, Personalization, Start - Use Start Full Screen

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The funny thing is, I currently use an old Acer i3 laptop with Windows 10 as my "HTPC" and tablet mode works on that. It is not a touch device either. Using the start in fullscreen doesn't solve the apps opening in fullscreen issue though.

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out!!! Turns out, this whole time I couldn't get any PC to go into tablet mode because all the one's I was trying it on had multiple monitors! If you are using a desktop with ONE monitor, Tablet mode WILL work!!! Hope this helps someone as dumb as me in the future! hahaha

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I was going to ask you that because I have 2 monitors to my SP3, but you said HTPC to TV so figured it was the only one! Also, I get a warning that tablet mode is not possible in multi-monitor environment, surprised you didn't get this message. I should've asked anyways.

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I currently have an old laptop hooked up to my TV and was looking for a desktop to replace it with. All the desktops I was trying tablet mode with were hooked up to multiple monitors. Never got a warning message, what a fail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon