Mail & Calendar and People app - not syncing across all devices. Error 0x85010014

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

For last 2 weeks I've experienced syncing problems on all devices connected to my account. The error code is 0x85010014.
It happend at the same time on a stationary PC, laptop and Lumia 640 phone.
Calendar is useless, I've lost all my contacts from the phone for some time.

I've tried everything - no luck, after various resets and reinstalls I've only managed to sync devices once - so the contacts and calendar events, emails showed back, but stopeed syncing immediately after that.

I'm 100% sure that the problem is with MS Exchange servers, not with the devices. Anyone got any ideas how to solve it?

What I've tried so far:
- Phone - deleting and re adding email accounts, 2 hard resets. A hard reset and changing the server name manually finally managed to get a single sync and the contacts back.
- Laptop / PC - email account removal, MS account removal, manual server name changing, SFC scan, app removal and reinstall.
What worked once is adding another guest or admin account/profile to your PC. When Windows creates it and downloads the apps from the store, they sync once without problems, the stop.

What I've found out during all this.
Before problems apps synced to
m.hotmail.com
When Ive created new profile on PC it defaulted to
outlook.office365.com
When I've deleted Mail canlendar and people apps and reconnected them with the MS account, the deafaulted to
eas.outlook.com

What is going on?! Why does MS not even try to aknowledge the problem, nor tries to fix it? There are more posts around the web describing the same problem, or similiar syncing issues. They we've been showing up since at least December 2016 !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte