Hi,

A couple of days back, I got a mail that says its from Microsoft and it has found issues on my system on it's subject line. I knew it was some sort of scam as I have read about yahoo tech support scams recently. While trying to delete it, I accidentally opened the mail. It was full of advertisements and banners and lots of GIFs on it. My Avast AV showed some warnings as well. I got scared and deleted the mail immediately. I am worried if my system has been affected by some sort of malware or virus. I cannot format the system as there are a lot of important files that I can't afford to lose. I scanned the system using avast and found no issues, but I don't trust Avast a lot. I am thinking about buying Kaspersky. For now, how can I properly identify if any malicious files has affected my PC? If then how can I effectively remove without losing the important files?

My system details:

Windows 10 x64
    Intel core i3 4th Gen
    8GB RAM
    Antivirus - Avast free edition
    Browsers - Chrome, Edge, Firefox

Let me know if any more details are required.
    02-26-2017 11:15 PM
    Try the free version of Malwarebytes: https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

The reviews on this product are excellent and it is unique in that you can run it alongside your current AV.
    02-27-2017 01:38 PM