Surface phone?

Alex Johnston

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi Dan,
I know a lot has been rumoured recently about the "Surface phone" with some talk even of MS cancelling it. My question is- do you think that there will still be a surface phone, and if so when do you think MS might announce/release it?
Cheers.

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Just to hone this one a bit, we know that the 835 chipset is really MS's target for any next gen product, 835 or "better". Since the 835 is having issues and won't be available to anyone but Samsung till probably the 2nd half of 2017, you are talking no earlier than that at minimum.

Yangstax

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have no problem to see Surface Phone being delayed til 2018 as long as it would have the rumored foldable screens. That would solve the app gap issue for me. The unfolded screens would turn into a 8.5" tablet and that would run all the W10 apps and web apps efficiently. All my banking, financial, retail services and entertainment apps would serve me on the tablet instead of the phone UI. Continuum is fine but it requires a display. The foldable screens would solve that problem. It would be much more important than 'W10 On ARM' as far as I am concerned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon