brand new surface pro 4

Island Barbie

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
just got a surface pro. I love the idea of it but I hate the apps on windows. I'm used to my ipad and iPhone. has anyone found a way to get good apps or even a way to down load apple or galaxy apps onto windows 10. I have to use my ipad for my school books because I can't get the apps on my surface and then use my surface for getting on the online school site to submit my home work for school. I love the idea of the two and one and I love touch screens, which is why I just got a keyboard for my ipad but you cant access the online school portal without a computer. The guy at best buy said the surface pro is the best for school work. so i got it. I love everything about it but the apps.
Does anyone else have this issue or know how to solve it? like I cant even get pinterest, just a pin button and a link to pinterest.com. Did i get the wrong lap top?

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
It depends what apps do you need and you need to know how to look them up in the Store.
Here's the third party Pinterest app which I believe you need.

You can't download Android or iOS apps but there is a way to use Android apps on Windows which I however do not recommend unless you really need it. You can download an Android app player like Bluestacks. The app player will have user interface of an Android device (but is basically still going to be just a program like Word or Photoshop) and you will be able to download Android apps within the program and use them within the program, so you're basically installing it within the app player, not on your actual device.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Well that is interesting because the link works for me.

It is not because it is bad for Surface Pro but because I simply would not do it if I didn't have real need to do so because the apps were not build for Windows 10.

If the link didn't work maybe try to search the store for "Piny".

Island Barbie

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
oh okay. i may try it then. if that is the only reason. I thought you meant something along the lines of a virus or something. do you think my touch screen capabilities would go away when using it?

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Well if you paid for anti virus protection it is probably more advanced. Windows defender is basic but of course if you want something more advanced you can buy it. I just don't do torrents and I use adblock so I don't accidentally click on any ads that could potentially download a virus.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Maybe you've heard of the Pirate Bay? Torrents allow you for example download movies that are not free if you're using a program that can "read" torrents like uTorrent, but there is a big chance that you get a virus when downloading torrents.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To answer your question: no, you cannot get IOS or android apps on your surface.

You could as kaktus mentioned download bluestacks but it's pretty clunky and like he said there are lots of ads and you can get infected if you don't know what you're doing or what you're clicking on .

Just be sure to have your school work always backed up on one drive or something if your computer every crashes :)

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi there and welcome aboard! One of the things with the SP4 is you have access to the full websites for each of these sites. You can "Pin This Page To Start" which will allow you full access to these websites. The Sp4 is powerful enough that you don't really need all of the aps to still access the full content of them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon