06-20-2017 09:21 AM
28 12
tools
    Mac OS, with all it's pluses and minuses.

Excellent touchpads.

Well-made hardware that tends to push the envelope in various ways that may not be a big deal but they do attention to detail well, even if their MacBook Pro only has USB-C ports now.

EDIT:

Well that really varies, out at my school I'd peg the percent marketshare of Macs on-campus (not including school-owned computers) to be somewhere in the 30's-40's.
    *userbase

Marketshare is the percentage sold each quarter. Userbase is the often harder to measure number, of actual users. I don't correct to be pedantic, but because people confuse these concepts and it misleads them informationally.
    06-20-2017 08:11 AM
    I've had experience with thousands of students since I used to be student myself in college and the one thing I realised is that students had many softwares installed

They had office (word, excel, powerpoint, onenote, even publisher), browsers - it was either firefox or chrome, idm, video converters, study related software such as matlab, graphing software, autodesk, autocad, sketchup, music software, vlc or something similar, and a lot more besides

And they regularly used them and most of them still use them in their workplaces or at home

People here buy pcs or laptops based on a high level of need and not just for the sake of having a pc/laptop at home. If they needed a device for media consumption and basic browsing, their phones are there

And he percentage of apple devices at college? less than 0.5% (and that's a conservative estimate) And the college has over 15000 students
    Yeah I think that's pretty similar to new Zealand. People mostly have windows laptops. Iphones and ipads are popular, but not macbooks.

Also even the most computer illiterate people I know have a small collection of software of some sort. They don't do everyting in the browser IMO. It might not be a lot of software, or power software, but its usually more than just stock and a browser.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-20-2017 08:14 AM
    I know some people who switched to Mac OS and MacBooks a few years back and they had mostly two reasons - first they were annoyed with Windows issues, instability, drivers issues, BSoD etc. and they wanted something easy, good looking and what's working. And they wanted a good device, reliable, basically a premium device.

But to be honest now with W10 the situation is much better and I personally had a lot of problems with Vista especially and some stability issues with 7 as well, but Windows 10 is the best Windows I've ever had and these people see that too and agree. And now we have Surface line and Dell premium devices.

The only thing that Microsoft needs right now is the build a reputation and get some proper hype, so people would consider it on the same level as Apple. That's the last thing they are missing IMO.
    06-20-2017 09:21 AM
28 12