What about This PC ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Microsoft is only giving updates on UWP portion but not any mager update for This pc everyone knows that scrolling sucks in this pc even if you have Microsoft's precision touchpad so can anyone tell me what is the future of This PC

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft is only giving updates on UWP portion but not any mager update for This pc everyone knows that scrolling sucks in this pc even if you have Microsoft's precision touchpad so can anyone tell me what is the future of This PC

your question seems a bit vague - which PC are you referring to?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Chintan Gohel what are you doing in computer line when you don't know what This PC is������������������������

I'm not in a computer related field actually - but in electrical engineering

I just happen to be passionate about technology, especially MS related

So when you ask when major updates for This PC, I'm assuming you're talking about the OS.

The update process is kind of like this:

The main OS gets major updates every 6 months or so - this is for windows 10. The last major update was called the creators update and it was released around March-April this year. It brought more support for creative works such as better pen support, deeper Cortana integration, paint 3d app, and a lot more. Major updates usually bring in new features and capabilities

Then we have the minor updates, these usually happen every month and they fix any minor issues that crop up as people keep using their pcs. These minor updates are called patches and they also keep your pc more secure. As new viruses, vulnerabilities are discovered, MS releases new patch updates to plug those issues.

Now your particular issue is with scrolling, especially when you say:

everyone knows that scrolling sucks in this pc even if you have Microsoft's precision touchpad

I'm not sure what this scrolling issue is that you've talked about since I haven't experienced it while using dozens of different pcs, laptops, surface devices, etc. Can you specify what the deficiency is?

Dies the screen move in a rough manner when you scroll? Or does your device not have 2 finger scrolling? Or is the sensitivity too high where just a little scroll makes the pages scroll a lot?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Almost forgot the last bit:
what is the future of This PC

It's an integral part of the Operating System - It's also quite part of the file manager system so if file explorer were to change, then the way you access and view This PC would also change. There have been rumours that file explorer would be getting a new look but nothing concrete on this has happened yet

If you have any issues with any part of Windows OS and Microsoft programs and apps, you can always use feedback app on your pc or windows mobile device to give suggestions or inform about problems you're experiencing

Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon