Not recognizing any USB devices. What's that???

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Suddenly, from one day to the next, my W10 stopped to recognise any externally connected devices. I've tried using my USB hub, I've tried plugging 4 different usb->micro USB cables(to get the faulty cable out of the equation) to the front of my PC as to the back where the majority of USBplugs are. But nothing. My devices only detect that some sort of power has been connected. I can't transfer any data between devices. It's not only one specific device. It happens to whatever I plug into USB. Regardless if it is a flash drive, my camera, tablet or my phone. It did work perfectly but one morning when I got up from the bed and wanted to transfer some files from the PC to my phone as I needed them for work, I just couldn't do it. The strange thing is that device manager doesn't show any errors in the USB section of the tree. So what's going on here? What happened??

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure either but I had this issue with my system as well. I have tried to uninstalled all USB devices though device manager but it didn't work that time.

If you want a solution there is simple one.
Download & Install - Driver Booster = go to Toolkit - Click - Clear Unplugged Device Data

This work for me. I am sure it will work for you as well.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You might be missing the chipset drivers specific to your motherboard. Download the latest available version and install it in compatibility mode and see if it helps. If not, please login/register on the site and post more details if you need additional help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes